Sunday, December 12, 2010

Erasure

Erasure, is the reason that Shane is one of my very best friends. Let me take you back to that day in 1989. We were in Honor Choir and Miss Wenner was tired of Heather and I making so much noise that she separated us. She made the mistake of sitting me next to Shane.

In those days you showed your coolness by writing your favorite bands names on your note books. I noticed Shane had Erasure written on his. From that day forward we started our journey on being life-long friends. Up until that point I only had girlfriends. Shane was my very first guy-friend. My mother was as pleased as punch.

21 years later and we are still as close as ever. Thank you Erasure. I chose this song because it reminds me of the day Shane and I ditched school to drive to Showlow to Wal-Mart to get the cassette tape of 'Wild'. We did that on more than one occasion.

Thank you Shane for all the memories.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Craig, for all the kind words. And for the years of putting up with my bs. You are one of the few reasons that I am still on this toilet of a planet, and I cherish those memories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Craig. I love Erasure too, and I remember well the days of spending hours on hours writing band names on my book covers and notebooks. I love the thought of you two ditching to go to Wal-Mart and buy Erasure.

    ReplyDelete